Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eli is a Good QB and Other Sunday Thoughts

I can't believe I am saying this. I can't believe it is actually true. I can't believe last season was not a fluke. I can't believe that suddenly things just clicked for this guy last year. I can't believe, most of all, just how wrong I was. I'm usually dead on with Giants issues. But the fact is, I was wrong. Very wrong. And the time has come to admit this and say:

Eli Manning is a very good QB. In today's 44-6 utter thrashing of the Seahawks, Eli continued his consistent play which first began in the last regular season game of last season vs. the Patriots. The Giants lost that game, which I attended with FJP, but not another one all season. And so far they are 4-0 this season. I've always liked Eli-- he's tough and seems like a down to earth stand-up guy. I just never thought he was any good and I've even been comparing his Super Bowl title to Trent Dilfer's and Mark Rypien's. But I was quite wrong. Eli has developed into a very nice QB and the Giants are looking pretty damn good too. But the PSLs... oh, I'll get to that soon enough.

Improv was fun. I give the Comedy troupe at the National Comedy Theater (performing on 36th between 8th & 9th every Fri and Sat nights) a 2 and 1/2 out of a 4 possible quacks.

FJP? Quacks? Huh? OK, quick explanation. Since I don't want to impose on the privacy of my friends and others in my life, I will refer to non-"public" people with 3 letters in the following way:

1. The first Letter will represent what relationship I have with the person. For example: F= Friend; D=Date or a few dates with the person; GF= Girlfriend or someone I have otherwise dated more than a few times; C=Collegaue, etc... I will not define all the categories on here. If you're really curious, you may sometimes have to work to figure it out. It's not a game. It's just that sometimes I don't want you to know what my category definition means. As I said in my first blog, this is for me, not you. You're lucky I even let you read. Be thankful and not so nosy. Bitch.

2. The 2nd letters will simply be the person's first and last initials. So when I said FJP, I was referring to my Friend, Jessica Pankovitz. Yes, I just made up that name. And, no, you'll never know when I'm making up initials on my blog. I have some friends that are just more private than others, like GF-ML so sometimes I don't even use their real initials! Is my ML example here even real? Who knows. Well, I do, obviously, but I'm not telling you.

As for the 2.5 quacks. I review everything. And I mean everything, in my life. Shows, food, movies, events, days, etc. I generally review things on a 4 star (which I call "quacks" since all my fantasy teams are "The Ducks") basis. 2.5 is actually pretty damn good, as I rarely give things 3 or 4 quacks.

In fact, I'll start reviewing things at the end of all my blogs from now on, including the day, if the posting happens to be at the end or toward the end of the day.

Reviews
National Comedy Theater Improve Group: 2.5 Quacks
My Day (10/5/08): 2.5 Quacks (grade lowered due to annoying 5-hour web seminar I need to take).

1 comment:

ThePeoplesChamp said...

Very confusing rating systme Mr. Duck, however for all your readers to enjoy here is some prior Duck thought son Mr. Eli Manning, SUPERBOWL MVP.
http://thepeopleschampblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/2008-fearless-football-forecast.html

There is a lot more where that came fro.

As for the blog, Welcome aboard the great Duckman. I a am looking forward to reading.

The People's Champ.